Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Random Poetry Corner



Enjoy!



Ode to the Traffic Cone (aka Colin)

Today, I woke up feeling blue
And stayed that way till nearly 2
When suddenly, outside my home
Appeared a little plastic cone
Called Colin

Don't ask me how I knew his name
Nor seek from whence my new friend came
For all I know is: he is here
And my sad thoughts have disappeared
Thanks, Colin!

Colin, I care not if you
Once lived on the M42
And, with your brothers, caused me pain
When roadworks made me late again
No, Colin -

For all that matters now is you;
O plastic friend of cheery hue,
My loneliness brought to an end
By my bright, happy orange friend:
My Colin!
© Miranda Dickinson 2007
_________________________________________

Remember, kids: A cone is for life; not just for Wednesdays...

1 comment:

Chris Mentzer said...

Hi Miranda,
Found your blog via the NaNo forums. Loved the poem about the Traffic Cone! Good luck to you next month!!

Chris

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Listen to my album tracks!