Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I must be MAD!




I'm writing a novel in a month...

It's all part of National Novel Writing Month - visit www.nanowrimo.org to see what it's all about. the idea is that between 1st and 30th November, you write a 50,000 word novel. That's it - just commit to writing 50,000 words down and see what happens! The prize is proving to yourself that you can really do it - and maybe even produce a half-decent read in the process... So, I thought, why not?



You can visit my profile by pasting the following into your web browser: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/218703 and you can also see how many words I've written!

Starting from tomorrow, I'm going to be posting excerpts from my novel The Mystical Wombat's Guide To Life here at Coffee and Roses , so you can have a read and let me know what you think!

It's been less than a week and already I've passed the 11,000 word mark! What's really good about this whole crazy idea is that you don't spend hours editing (which, I confess, is an occupational hazard for me) - you just write, and write, and write until it's done. And, surprisingly, I like what's appearing as I scribble... It's very different to anything I've written before, but I'm actually loving what my demented mind is conjouring up.

Anyway, enough of the wittering, I have a novel to write! :o)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're not mad! Or, well, I guess madness is relative. Anyway, there are people all over the world doing NaNoWriMo. Just keep writing, and don't drive yourself mad trying not to go mad. You might as well just save your sanity for later, as Douglas Adams said so well in his books.

Blue said...

Good luck to you. I could never do anything like that. Hell I can't even write the story in my head. So you're doing far better than me, mad or no.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Listen to my album tracks!