Friday, May 18, 2012

BIG Announcement - enter my ChoirStars competition!


I have been waiting for ages to announce this to you and I'm really excited about it! Read on for news of a mahoosive competition that could see you and your friends performing at my swanky London book-launch for When I Fall in Love!!!

Drumroll, please...

I'm launching a search for a choir...

My new novel, When I Fall in Love is being published on 8th November this year. At the heart of the novel is a choir that Elsie Maynard forms with the help of former rock-singer of an '80s one-hit-wonder rockband, Woody Jensen. The Sundaes are a choir like no other, performing crazy medleys in places as diverse as pubs, Brighton Pier (flashmob-style) and the Eiffel Tower in Paris. More than anything, the choir's aim is to have fun and the community they build as they sing together becomes something really special.

So, I am launching a nationwide search to find the best choir. It doesn't matter if you've been singing together for years or have only just joined - in fact, you could start a choir especially for this competition! It's free to enter - all you have to do is to make a video of your choir singing and send me the link. I will then showcase the entries on this blog (linking with Twitter and Facebook)and will hold a public vote. The choir with the most votes will win not only the awesome title of When I Fall in Love CHOIRSTARS 2012, but will also be invited down to London to perform at an exclusive event to celebrate the launch of When I Fall in Love and all the choir members will receive signed first edition copies of the book!

So, what are you waiting for?!

Email your video links to me: mirandawurdy@gmail.com (to arrive no later than SUNDAY 30TH SEPTEMBER 2012)and I will begin to showcase the entries at the start of August. Have fun, go for it and show me what you've got! Please pass this on to anyone you know who fancies having a go - I can't wait to see your entries!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Listen to my album tracks!